The Supreme Court of Hong Kong was moved to the after 1985 and remained there until 1997. It is now housed in the High Court Building.
The building was designed by Sir Aston Webb, the British architect responsible for the eastern facade of Buckingham Palace and the Cromwell Road frontage of the Victoria and Albert Museum in London.
It was built on reclaimed land, and opened on January 15, 1912. The two-storey granite building is in style supported by columns. It is surmounted by a blind-folded statue of Justice, represented by the Greek goddess Themis. This statue is a replica of the one erected on the of London.
In 1978, this building was severely affected by the construction of MTR; therefore, it had to undergo some restoration afterwards.
The Exterior of the Old Supreme Court is one of the 80 declared monuments of Hong Kong.
For a time in the 1980s, the Supreme Court was moved to the Former French Mission Building, which was then used by the .
Previous homes of the Legislative Council
Before 1985, the Legco met at three other locations:
* Former French Mission Building 1843-1846
* Caine Road 1846-?
* Government House, Hong Kong 1855; used ballroom after 1891
* Old Central Government Offices - 1930s until 1954
* Central Government Offices 1957-1985
Prior to the handover in 1997, the Provisional Legislative Council was executing work to setup the post handover legislature. It met in Shenzhen, Guangzhou, China from 1996 to 1997 at the Shenzhen Guesthouse Hotel.